Organize your material for:
Use storyboards to help you plan
Make your stories more interactive
1. Link to full reports and other supporting material, including related stories.
2. What about reporter e-mails? Participants--please answer poll question in right margin. Also, if you've ever had problems/issues resulting from providing reporter e-mail addresses, send a comment below.
3. Should we invite comments?
Respect the audience's time
1. Use clear, straightforward headlines.
- "After a tornado, a Kansas town rebuilds green"
- "Stocks spike to 1-year highs"
- "FDA ban on flavored cigarettes takes effect"
Clever headlines work when they're in context:
"In Va., it's all about roots"
2. No long, anecdotal leads.
3. Rewrite A/V scripts for the Web, don't just transcribe.
Exception: Times' Debate Analysis Tool